Tuesday, December 13, 2005

A New Neighbourhood




My stomach has been in spin cycle mode for a good week now, there are too many things to think about before I leave. My apartment is slowly emptying out which has me rather sad but I know I'm making the right decision, there are so many signs pointing towards a better place for me.

Boxed photographs are my enemy as of late. No matter how tightly I seal my boxes some images still manage to slip through the cracks and no matter how focused my eyes stay to the pavement, upward glances to maintain my direction capture the stare I'm trying my best to avoid.

I see myself January 24th during take off. I'm looking down out the window towards a place I won't be seeing for a year. As the plane reaches high towards its destined altitude, I feel the cool air from an overhead nozzle. I breath deep and feel the weight of one thousand cries grasping to keep their homes in a bustling neighbourhood of my warm heart. They lose their grip one by one as my lungs fill with new life. Hopefully the real estate in this neighbourhood will skyrocket in the next year, I've never looked so forward to new housing developments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home