Thursday, December 15, 2005

3) parkdalien watering holes


Ok, over the past few years I've come to realize that I have the best friends a person could ever ask for. The most kind, generous and loving people I've ever encountered live in good ol Ontario. I never thought I'd say this considering I'm from the west coast. Who knew that such a hated part of Canada would become the centre of my universe? Who knew I'd find myself at a Christmas party, 10 years after moving from Ladner, unwrapping a new lap top from my friends??!! It felt so strange being offered such a lavish gift but Rob set me straight in an email:

...if you want to know why your friends have no problems being so generous and appreciative of you...simply look in the mirror. It's because of who you are that makes us all love you so much. I'm not going to get all mushy on you, but you mean the world to us all and a simple gesture like this is only a way to show you how we feel. So there. :-P If you want to know what kind of a person someone is...simply look at their friends.





It’s been a tough year but I’ve finally pulled through and here are some reasons why:


1) Life is too short to waste time with my back facing the future

2) My friends let me carry on like a broken record knowing full well that something
will eventually come along to nudge the needle forward and put me back into my
groove

3) Any number of pints can be consumed on any night of the week at great local
parkdalien watering holes

4) When in need of a chuckle, an unflattering photograph of myself set to the sound
of Sammy Davis Jr's "The Candy Man" works every time

5) My psycho neighbour got hauled away from the cops after one last blow out
with this girlfriend and finally got evicted

6) blueScreen finally finished "A Survival Guide to Mishaps and Losses"

7) I've never made so many long distance calls in my life but they're worth every
penny

8) Road trips, road trips and road trips

9) Concerts: The Go! Team, Kasabian, Tom Vek, LCD Soundsystem w/MIA, Outhud x 3,
Motley Crue, Loverboy, Wolf Parade, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah & Octopus Project

10) Did I mention my awesome friends?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home