Thursday, August 10, 2006

sunflower hostess typhoon

One night about 6 weeks ago Matt, my roommate Amy and I met some fellow employees at a karaoke bar in Omiya. Many drinks were consumed in a two hour period and we sang great hits such as “the right stuff” by nkotb, “the land down under” by men at work and matt and I are slowly perfecting our “smooth operator” sade duet.

Anyways, when it came time to go home we had missed the last train so we went to a 7-11, bought some travelers and walked home. On the way home Amy and I stole a big plastic sunflower from a restaurant display. It was terrible but oh so thrilling. We kept whacking each other with it for good times, I guess we were blowing some roommate steam off? So, after we got bored of carrying the flower around I decided to put a slight accent on a mural I pass on my walk to work. There’s a brick wall along the railroad tracks with some very colourful paintings and I thought the sunflower would fit rather nicely so I shoved it into one of the drain pipes and no one has touched it since.

I wonder how long it will stay there.

Here are a couple more views of my walk to work.

This is Omiya during the day. At night all the hostess ladies come out to play and it looks like grad all over again. You’ve got your sequined up do’s and slinky floor length strapless numbers seasoned with forced uncomfortable smiles and bad mc’s trying to lure horny patrons into their establishment.

Typhoon season is just around the corner, we experienced a small one a couple of nights ago and it was pretty thrilling. The next day Matt and I went to my favorite photography museum in Ebisu to see an underwater photo exhibit. This was our view on the way home.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it’s now august 19th... is your sunflower still there? Someone would have to be silly to remove it from such a perfect home.

Saturday, 19 August, 2006  
Blogger Delphine Roussel said...

sadly, someone has taken the sunflower away :( t'was a sad walk to work that morning.

Thursday, 07 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home