Thursday, January 26, 2006

touch the button you like

I applied for my Certificate of Alien Registration card yesterday and needed a couple of photographs . The photo booths here are top notch! I thought it might be tough finding a booth but they pop up like vending machines here. The lovely female voice spoke to me in English during my photo experience then only had me wait one minute for my prints!

I went grocery shopping for the first time today and couldn't help but smile at what situation I had gotten myself into. It's so cool trying to buy food when you have no idea what's written on the package. The check out was a trip as well, I have never felt so appreciated as a consumer. The cashier kept bowing and thanking me for my patronage. Customer service is a very different thing in Japan.

At rush hour I saw two men sitting in chairs at each major intersection with little counters in their hands and clipboards in their arms. I wonder what they're all doing? It looks like they're city workers counting every car that passes through. Hrmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home