Monday, October 02, 2006

bus work beach

This is our new view. Over to the right you can see this...
I had my first day at work yesterday and it went fairly well. I'm going through a little bit of reversed culture shock due to the American base located across from my work place. Many military folks go shopping in the department store I work at, I haven't seen this many westerners in a very long time and it feels very strange. My place of work reminds me of California. On my break, I can go sit on Sunset Beach and catch a couple of rays...
Here's some footage of me on my bus ride to work...


Sadly, I have to take a 45 minute bus journey to work. I'm not fond of buses, they're not very reliable and I think I'll forever hold a deep hatred for them after growing up in a suburb and having buses as my only mode of transportation into the city. There are no trains in Okinawa, only one monorail that gets you from the airport to the castle. It's pretty cool looking down on the city from the train though and they play happy disney-like music during the ride, we'll see how long that takes to wear off.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see you've arrived safe and well in Okinana and are settling in. Cole

Sunday, 08 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home