Friday, January 27, 2006

Wild Drip

7:45am and I can’t sleep, hopefully my next night will see an end to this jetlag. I just finished watching the last episode of Six Feet Under and I think I’m pretty relieved. The past 4 episodes have been total tear jerkers and I think I’m also a little sensitive to things right now, emotions are still running a little high.

It’s going to be another beautiful sunny day. Yesterday I went to the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography and saw a Shoji Ueda exhibition. Beautiful black and white prints of people strategically placed in sand dunes and children in a Japanese countryside.
It took me a while to find the gallery but about 30 minutes of my intuition finally got me there. I bought myself a little gift at the gallery shop, a Fisheye Lomo camera! I can’t wait to take it out for a test drive this week! So fun : )


The trains here are a little intimidating but I think I’ll get the hang of it soon enough, people are very helpful. They play happiest music in the stations, it’s like being on the “It’s a small world” ride at Disney Land. Happy little sing song music accompanies a swirl of black business attire and brightly coloured advertising for Wild Drip and CC Lemon beverages. After ordering your ticket through a machine, a lovely cartoon of a Japanese lady bows and thanks you for your purchase “domo arigato gozaimasu”.

When I was on the train, I couldn’t help but notice how easily people fall asleep. Everywhere you look everyone’s bobbing their heads after a long day at work. People are even sleeping on their feet. I don’t know how they wake up for their stops, I’ve never seen anything quite like it.


I passed by a laundromat on my way to the museum and one of the signs inside caught my eye…




















I think I’ll go take a stroll in the Akihabara district this afternoon. I need to find myself a small bedside lamp, the florescent overhead lighting in my bedroom simply ain’t doin’ for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger msflowerlegs said...

ooooh fisheye Lomo! i'm so jealous! did you find a place to process film yet?

Monday, 30 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home