Tuesday, October 17, 2006

music and visits

Last Monday Matt and I went to a big used items warehouse called “Manga Souka” on a quest for musical instruments. Part of the deal with moving to Okinawa was to get our butts in gear to write music, so we found some stuff.

We found this bass for $60.00, the guitar for $90.00, an old toy Casio for a measly $3.00 and a new bass amp for $70.00. So far we have about 5 song ideas, now it’s just a matter of giving them some structure which is always the hard part. I’ve been having a great time mixing various drum loops and samples on Acid Pro and recording stuff into Cool Edit.

I’m happy to report that I’m moving branches and my next location will be a 10 minute walk from my place…yay!! No more 45 minute bus rides!

In other news, my momma arrives here on November 1st and Jenny will be spending her Christmas holidays here in Japan!!! I’ll be standing at the gate, eagerly awaiting her grand entrance at Narita Airport on December 24th. What a great Christmas gift. We will be spending New Years in sunny Okinawa.

Listening to The Devil Wears Prada books on tape : )

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) I'm really glad to hear that your getting back into the addiction that it music. Justin.

Sunday, 22 October, 2006  
Blogger msflowerlegs said...

yay! new year's on the beach!

Monday, 23 October, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Delphine,

Was thinking of you, your song came around on my shuffle on my iBook, and it brought back memories of your last concert in Toronto.
It seems like sooo long ago.
I can see from your blog that you are having an amazing time, and glad you have found somewhere toasty to spend the winter. Lucky you, rock on.
All is well back here, busy as hell, but good.
Look forward to hearing some new songs of yours. And I need to add that your photos are spectacular.

Take care, Hannah

P.S. How is your Japanese coming along?

Tuesday, 24 October, 2006  
Blogger Delphine Roussel said...

Justin - Yes but it's an addiction that isn't so easy to fall back into.

Jenny - You betcha!

Hannah - Lovely to hear from you. Times are good indeed. We'll post some songs up as soon as we can : ) Oh and ahhhh I'm slowly learning to understand Japanese/sign language but I'm no where near speaking the language.

Linda - !!!!! hey girl! Thanks for the email. I'm happy to see that peeps are actually reading this thing. Great to hear life in San Francisco is treating you well. I can't wait til I'm in your shoes, taking it a little easy before the next job.

xxxx
d

Tuesday, 24 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home