Sunday, November 19, 2006

grrr

I awoke to the sound of jackhammers this morning. To top things off another house has been knocked down about a stones throw away. Last night Matt and I were lulled to sleep by more jackhammers as the Sunday night construction crew attacked Kokusai Street. The most frustrating part off all of this is that there’s just no end in sight.

We could call accommodations and ask to be moved to another apartment but I’d rather be spared the humiliation of them laughing in our ears. A simple task like repairing a screen door or leaky gas oven was enough stress to last me a few months.

Thankfully the election is now over so we don’t have to endure any more speakers screaming down the streets.

It’s been overcast and rainy for the past few days which is a little nice. Matt and I have been watching such quality programs as Ugly Betty, Prison Break (questionable), Extras, Lost, Smith, South Park, The Simpsons, Family Guy and sometimes Smith. We tried to watch Superman Returns last night but it wasn’t so good. Sleeper was quite funny. I’m really looking forward to For Your Consideration but I doubt that will hit the theatres here. Right now we have a choice of seeing The Devil Wears Prada which is awful, Basic Instinct II, World Trade Centre, Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Flags of Our Fathers…hrmm. Oh, Matt just called from work and we’ve decided to see Children of Men aka Tomorrow World. I’m meeting him at work tonight and we’re going to a 6:30 screening. YAY! My second movie experience in Japan! Monday is ‘Men’s Day’ and Wednesday is ‘Woman’s day’, half price movies! woo

In other news, I noticed that Porky’s is due to be released on DVD tomorrow, I haven’t seen it since I was a child. I don’t know if I should watch it again or leave it in my memory as it is.

Not too much else to report these days, just working, eating, sleeping, watching TV dramas and movies. We’re trying to be good with the spending so that we can come home in the spring, as planned. I have my year end/contract renewal observation this Thursday which is always a little nerve racking.

Ok, I need to get ready and leave my place for a while. I’m going to search for a little peace elsewhere because the option of locking myself in my bathroom with headphones on just isn’t very appealing to me.

X

Listening to The Best of Ray Charles (buried under a pile of rubble)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that clip convinced me.
your only rational choice is to build a hut on a quiet beach somewhere.
now that you have your divers licences, you can commute in to work.
or suggest that nova open a beachside center.
noise like that is what drives people to long for porky's!

Thursday, 23 November, 2006  
Blogger Delphine Roussel said...

yes! a learn english while you scuba school!

ummm i'm in the pork capital of the world...this may be where my craving comes from.

the good news is that the house across the street is no longer there. yesterday, during a tropical cyclone, there was a small ceremony under a tent in the very spot where the house used to stand. business men were having sushi, drinking and standing and bowing. if you look at the video i posted just yesterday you will briefly see bowing and hear
clapping. i don't understand why, as with many things.

Thursday, 23 November, 2006  
Blogger msflowerlegs said...

pork capital of the world?@#$%^ you've been holding out on me! delicious little piggies.

Thursday, 07 December, 2006  
Blogger Delphine Roussel said...

IT WAS GOING TO BE A SURPRISE!!!!

Friday, 08 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home