Sunday, January 29, 2006

Ueno and Electric Town

Went to Ueno and Akihabana aka Electric Town this afternoon. I managed to find myself a cheap alarm clock and a small table side lamp for my bedroom. I wandered around for what seemed like hours in a sea of arcade-like noises. Every store here seems to have about 3 radio stations going on at once plus people yelling about the latest deals on cell phones or computer discounts. I like walking in this place, I feel like I'm in a dream. A swarm of people all around me and yet I have a strange inner calm. I simply float along in the wave and let it carry me wherever it may.

Walking with a camera in hand makes all the difference, I feel myself having to look harder.

I think I may have spotted one of those famous Gwen Stefani-type side kicks today and it was a little disturbing. Young girls who look like they're about 12 years old stand in the street with teddy bears and Charlie Brown blankets as men flock around holding every type of recording device possible. The girls simply giggle, smile and thank everyone profusely for taking pictures. What's the deal? Are they hired by someone or do they simply show up and start posing? I need to do some research, it's really rather intriguing.


















Ummm, something to make your body and soul warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home