Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A strange thing happens when you move so far away, you start to feel a little bit left behind. I feel like I’m living on a small island at the end of the world. Time seems to stand still here while the word ‘busy’ hovers over everywhere else.

The holidays are coming up rapidly. Naha city is decorated with Christmas trees and mini lights, holiday music fills the air and Starbucks has started making their holiday drinks.
There’s something peculiar about sipping a gingerbread latte on a warm summers afternoon.

Matt and I went to the movies on Monday night which is quite a treat. I can’t believe it’s only my second movie in a year! Children of Men was nothing to write home about but the snack bar was, once again, amazing. Where else can you get a ‘Beer Set’? 1 medium popcorn and a large beer for only $5.00.

A major thunder storm’s circling above as I type. It’s been going on for at least an hour now and the construction workers have decided to stop. I’ll take this weather over jackhammers any day. The city, between thunder claps, is quiet which is a nice change. I think this afternoon will be spent sorting out Christmas cards and watching reruns of Sex and the City.

X

D

Listening to Carly Simon – Coming Around Again

2 Comments:

Blogger Kerri said...

Hey D!
You look amazing - so happy.
Have a great xmas...we'll miss you at the party this year. :(
K x

Friday, 01 December, 2006  
Blogger Delphine Roussel said...

I hope it's a good one.
X
d

Friday, 01 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home