Tuesday, March 07, 2006

2nd all nighter

On Monday evening Joe invited me out with him and his friend Max after work to a swanky little restaurant in Omiya. I invited Matt to join us as well. Many beers were consumed as well as delicious caesar salad, sushi and yaki tori. After food, things got a little warmer as the saki, shogu and gin and tonics hit the table. We had every intention of hitting the last train back but all of a sudden the karaoke bug kicked in and well...so did the alcohol. I think we were inspired by the restaurant playing Atlantic Starr’s ever so popular wedding tune called Always, you know the one ‘and we both know that our love will grow and forever it will be you and meeeeee…yyeaahhh ohhhh’ total fromage but a perfect drunken duet. I think Joe and I pulled that one off ok.

So yeah, we found a karaoke place and had only half an hour to sing due to the train curfew and…well…we were there til about 5am. Yes folks, five quality hours of karaoke in our own private booth. 3000 yen for all you can drink/all you can sing, this is my kinda night! We sang such hits as “Can’t Get You Outta My Head” by Kylie and “Touch me” by Samantha Fox. I dedicated “Love Bites” to Jenny. I also had to pull out “I Touch Myself” for Mike and Bev. Matt swooned us with “My Delilah”, Boston’s “More Than A Feelin” and I helped him out with harmonies on “Smooth Operator” and Mister Mister’s “Broken Wings”. Joe impressed us with some J-pop hits and dirty dancing on the couch. This was a night to remember!

What else is new? Umm I’ve got a fever and the prescription is not more cowbell. It’s been a very long time since my temperature has risen to such a level and I think it may get worse. Symptoms include endless amounts of day dreaming, springs on the soles of my shoes and butterflies dusting off their wings in my stomach. It’s a frighteningly wonderful place to be and I shall not let fear defeat me.

Xo
d

Listening to Lali Puna Scary World Theory

1 Comments:

Blogger msflowerlegs said...

Watch out! Love Bites! booze 'n' karaoke seems cheap and plentiful....i'm so jealous!

Thursday, 09 March, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home