Wednesday, February 15, 2006

tall tear flavoured mocca


No matter how much I try to ignore Valentines Day it always gets me down. I sat at Starbucks in Omiya station yesterday morning sipping on an afternoon mocca watching the people pass below. I had a card in my purse from Margot in Vancouver. For some odd reason I felt like crying. I don’t know who I am right now, I don’t think I’ve ever been so confused in my life. Margot’s words of encouragement brought me to tears. I have so many special people in my life and yet here I am on the other side of the world. I don’t understand what I’m doing here. A little voice inside my head associates a city I love with a whole lot of heartache and I don’t know how to make the pain stop. I thought it would stay in Toronto but it manages to find me here. It hides in the oddest places, a bottle of shampoo when I’m in the shower, a reflection of myself when I’m on the train, a look of complete wonderment in a little child’s eyes or in a cup of coffee at a busy train station. These momentary lapses of reason pass by quickly though, it’s nothing a couple of big breaths can’t help.

Thankfully I have a new gay boyfriend. We shared the same sentiments at work yesterday over a ton of chocolates. I think I had the perfect Valentines date last night. There’s nothing better than going out for beers and revealing your most inner self to a perfect stranger.


Listening to Kings of Convenience Quiet is the New Loud

3 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

How does the pain get into the shampoo bottle? It's happened to me before too. Makes me think Bob and Doug MacKenzie putting the mouse in the bottle of Elsinore!

All of the special people will be here when you return!

:)

Wednesday, 15 February, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pick up the Colour of Spring by Talk Talk. Trust me. It helps.

Wednesday, 15 February, 2006  
Blogger Delphine Roussel said...

ok
rent strange brew and load some more talk talk onto the ipod in time for cherry blossom season!

thanks guys ; )

xo
d

Wednesday, 15 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home