Monday, February 06, 2006

...like a race horse

Not too much to report at this end. I'm slowly getting back into the reality of work but quickly adjusting to my new work place. The people I work with are very cool and the students have all been very nice so far, I look forward to working with many of them again.

I went to Shibuya this morning in search of a bank machine. I finally ran out of the cash I brought with me. Finding a bank machine that takes foreign cards is a workout in this town. The only place that will accept our bank cards is Citibank which takes about 45mins to an hour via train. Oh well, it got me out of my place and into Tokyo for a couple of hours. Now I have to dress for work...sigh. I thought my short 4 hour shifts would be great but they're actually quite the marathon! I worked 10 - 2 yesterday which means I taught 5 lessons in a row. We get a 10min break between each lesson to grade the previous one and prepare for the next, I've never had to pee so badly in my life! They really don't allow enough time for bathroom breaks in this company, I'll have to watch my liquid consumption before I work these shifts.

One of these things is not like the others...


Listening to The Juan Mclean

1 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

SPAM - one of, Oh so many good reasons to be vegetarian! ;-)P

Tuesday, 07 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home