Friday, February 03, 2006

strawberry punch!

The 100 yen store in Yono is a lot of fun. I think I spent about an hour in there this afternoon looking at all of the goodies in the stationary section. I stumbled across the cutest post cards I have ever seen. One of the things you quickly notice here is how English words or phrases are put on various things but don’t necessarily make a lot of sense, they get lost in translation…

This next one is my favorite, I laughed out loud and people thought I was strange...
Here are few more characters I found interesting...























MILK CARAMEL


"A caramel is very sweet. And it is delicious. Everybody is pleased with it. I also laugh together. It is my pleasure. Do you eat?"


RETRO GIRL

"Have favorite clothes on and have a red bag. A girl walks vigorously. A surely good day should come!"

This delicious bag of chocolates also caught my eye...










Listening to Jacques Dutronc's Greatest Hits

4 Comments:

Blogger Delphine Roussel said...

Please excuse the quality of these pictures, I don't have a scanner just my trusty digital camera : )

Friday, 03 February, 2006  
Blogger Krista said...

People think I'm strange too when I sit here at work, looking like I'm working, but really I'm reading your blog and trying to stifle my laughter and suck the tears back into my tear ducts!

Strawberry punch has to be my favourite too! :)

Friday, 03 February, 2006  
Blogger msflowerlegs said...

i hope you bought all of these for sampling!

Wednesday, 08 February, 2006  
Blogger Delphine Roussel said...

yes! i own every last one of these postcards AND now you can too!

let me know which ones you fancy and i'll send them to you.

xo
d

Wednesday, 08 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home