Thursday, February 16, 2006

take the last train to yono

I have a curfew and I don’t know if this is a good or a bad thing. The trains here stop running around 12:30am and it’s really tough to get used to after the freedom of walking or cabbing it home for years. I feel like I’m stuck in Ladner again. I used to have to take the last 601 bus from Vancouver and it was such a pain. I hated having to come home so early. Thankfully I finally got a car and found a few couches to crash on if need be.

So here I am, back in Ladner with no car. I enjoy my nights in Tokyo but the end of my evenings are spent stressing out over whether or not I’ll make my last train to Yono. I think I may have to move soon or find myself some couches to surf on. Last night Joe and I ran like mad to catch our connecting trains and we just barely caught our last one. Booking it up and down steps after 5 pints of Asahi is not a good idea, I felt like an accident waiting to happen.

The other option is to pull an all nighter. If I miss my last train I can head back to the bar and put my heels up until the first train at 5am. I have yet to attempt this, it could be ugly, especially if I have to teach screaming children the same day.

Went to a lovely Okinawan restaurant last night with Joe and a couple of his friends. The food was quite interesting. One particular noodle dish was quite delicious but after I had consumed it I was a little bit shocked when I found out the pieces of meat were SPAM. What the hell? I’ve managed to avoid that stuff for 32 years and I encounter it at an Okinawan restaurant in Tokyo? Dear god, what next?


We all had a giggle after seeing this air freshener in the restaurant washroom...

Listening to The Ladies and Gentlemen Small Sins


2 Comments:

Blogger msflowerlegs said...

spam and phallic air fresheners?!

Friday, 17 February, 2006  
Blogger Krista said...

Those things don't usually do much to freshen the air....

The girls at my office want some!

;-)P

Friday, 17 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home